Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My students

On my last day of student teaching, the students gave me illustrated letters wishing me luck and thanking me for being their teacher. I could scan some of the letters, but it'd be too hard to read their pencil writing. So, here are some quotes from the farewell letters that I particulary liked:

"Thank you for helping us learn."
"You were one of my favorite teachers."
"Sorry that sometimes we been goofing around."
"You are the best teacher a student can ever have."
"Thank you for helping us when we need help."

While I was re-reading these letters to create this post, I remembered a writing assignment that the students had. The kids had to write about something they were thankful for. One girl chose to write about God. One of her reasons why she was thankful for God was that he encourages her to do her best when she is tired of trying. It broke my heart that a third grader knows what it feels like to be tired of trying.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Aww, it seems like you really made a connection with your kids. I'm not sure when I began to be tired of trying, but I think I made it past the third grade, haha.