Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm 99.8% done!

Tonight was my last-ever graduate class. As soon as my final transcripts are sent to the Illinois State Board of Education and I pay my fees, I'll have my teaching certificate. Since my classes are done and my student teaching is over, I have a bit of time to myself. Normally, I'd be panicking about not having a job or anything. My student teaching experience took so much out of me, though, that it's nice to have this time to get my head on straight again. It's also REALLY nice to have time to get all the stuff done that I've been putting off for way too long, like getting new tires and organizing closets.

In other news, my maternal grandfather is in the hospital. I'm not entirely clear on how this all happened, but he has sepsis, congestive heart failure, and renal failure. It sounds bad, but from what I've been told, the sepsis can be turned around and both the heart and renal failure are improving significantly. Yesterday, he was transfered from the ICU at South Suburban to an acute-care facility in Hammond, IN, which is another really good sign. It's also good that I have so much time to myself, because I can visit him more often.

So, that is all that is going on with me. Send me a message and let me know how you're doing, since it's been far too long since I've heard from some of you.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your grandfather is in my thoughts. I hope he makes a fast and full recovery.