Monday, July 14, 2008

The resignation announcement

Last week, I turned in my letter of resignation. As is company policy, today the following e-mail is sent to the company from my direct supervisor:



"I wish to inform staff of the resignation of Amanda Bove, editor in HAP, effective August 15. Please join me in wishing her well in her pursuit of a teaching career.

Amanda will begin student teaching on August 18, the culmination of her work to earn a master's degree in education. Amanda has been a valuable member of the HAP team for five years, and her talent and hard work have helped bring many HAP books to fruition."


I was amazed at the number of well wishes I got. Staff that I barely know were calling to congratulate me. It was sweet, and it made me a little sad.


But not that sad.

No comments: