Sunday, July 13, 2008

Potty mouth

I am a trucker's daughter. Apparently, that means I curse a blue streak at the slightest thing. There's no "gosh darn gee whiz" for me. Nope, I go straight for the F-word when life throws me the slightest inconvenience. Pour too much coffee in my cup? Fuck. Drip on the floor? Fuck. Can't find the book I just put down? Fuck.

And I don't even realize I'm speaking at all, let alone cursing. Ed asked me not too long ago, "Do you know you just dropped the F-bomb 8 times in the past few minutes?" My response: "I didn't say anything!"

I don't know if this is a recent development, or if I've always been such a potty mouth. But I need to get out of this bad habit!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Tell me about it. You've met my dad, you know what I'm talking about.