Monday, March 21, 2011

Do something "green"


I can cross an item off of my 35-before-35 list! My contribution to the green movement is a commitment to use cloth diapers most of the time. I had been testing cloth diapers for a few months, and I decided to up my commitment when he grew to the next size. Previously, I had only used prefolds, the cheapest option. This time, I bought a wider variety of cloth diapers, including pocket diapers, prefolds, fitteds, etc. I also bought some flushable diaper liners.
There are tons of benefits to cloth diapers--they are cost effective, environmentally friendly, and healthier for Eddie's sensitive skin. The only downsides are that I do a bit more laundry and limit how many cute diapers I can buy. My favorites are the one-size puppy diaper and the tattoo-print cover. So cute!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love that you guys are doing this. Good for you.